General information and contact details of the Administrator
E-commerce Capitals sp. z o.o. sp. k. (Limited Liability Company limited partnership) with its registered seat in Poznań (postal code 60-766), ul. Jana Matejki 6/7, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs under the National Court Register (number 0000592712) and the register of entrepreneurs under KRS (number 0000592712), whose registration files are kept by the District Court for Poznań - Nowe Miasto and Wilda in Poznań, VIII Commercial Division of the National Court Register using the given 7792439665 tax identification number and REGON number 36746333, hereinafter referred to as ‘Company’ or ‘Administrator’, is fulfilling the obligation specified in art. 12, sec. 1 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), hereinafter referred to as ‘GDPR’, as personal data administrator, hereby presents this information, asking whoever it may concern to get acquainted with it.
The Administrator provides the following contact details for communication regarding personal data processing. Email address: email@example.com, address: ul. Jana Matejki 6/7, 60-766 Poznań (Poland).
E-commerce Capitals organizes the contest called "Call for papers", in order to choose and reward the best presentations for the e-commerce industry which will be presented during the E-commerce Berlin Expo conference.
In order to ensure transparency of the rules of the above-mentioned contest and to guarantee fair information about the organizer, the rules, terms, and conditions associated with the contest, E-commerce Capitals hereby establishes the following document.
- Organizer/Administrator - E-commerce Capitals sp. z o.o. sp. k. (Limited Liability Company limited partnership) with its registered seat in Poznań (postal code 60-766), ul. Jana Matejki 6/7, entered into the Register of Entrepreneurs under the National Court Register (number 0000592712) and the register of entrepreneurs under KRS (number 0000592712), whose registration files are kept by the District Court for Poznań - Nowe Miasto and Wilda in Poznań, VIII Commercial Division of the National Court Register using the given 7792439665 tax identification number and REGON number 36746333.
- Contest – a multi-stage process aimed at selecting the winners of the Contest, i.e. entities which, according to Advisory Board and Internet users' opinions, are leaders in the given contest category defined in these Terms and Conditions.
- Advisory Board – the group of experts nominated by the Organizer, who participate in the selection of Contest Winners based on rules specified in these Terms and Conditions.
- Internet Users – users of the Contest Website, who are not members of the Advisory Board and who participate in the public voting.
- Participant – entrepreneur of an enterprise, a natural person with full legal capacity, a legal person or an organizational unit that has the capacity to perform legal acts, and that has entered or been submitted to the Contest, and meets the conditions of participation specified by these Terms and Conditions.
- Nominee -contest participant that has been chosen in the public voting as a winner of this part of the contest and will be submitted to the Advisory Board voting.
- Winner – the title of the Winner of the "Call for papers" Contest and presentation slot during the E-commerce Berlin Expo conference, awarded to the best participant in each category.
- Competition Website – the website of the contest available here
- Terms and Conditions – this document.
§2 Entry into the Contest
- Only entrepreneurs are entitled to enter the Contest as Participants.
- Participants who either in person or through their members' bodies, employees or associates, are a member of the Advisory Board that evaluates the Contest Participants, are not allowed to enter the Contest.
- Contest submissions are open from September 4, 2023, to September 29, 2023, solely via the application form available on the Contest website. Participation in the Contest is subject to the fulfilment of all mandatory form fields and acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
- Entry into the Contest is equivalent to providing the Organizer with a consent to publish the Participant's name (s) and the Trademark Identification (logo) on the Contest Website, as well as in all promotional and advertising materials distributed by the Organizer concerning the Contest, for the duration of the Contest, and for a period of 1 (one) year from the closing date of the Contest.
§3 Personal Data
- In the event of Participant data being personal data, the Organizer is the administrator of personal data.
- If the Participant agrees to this, the personal data will be used for the organization and conduct of the Contest, as well as for the Organizer's promotional and marketing purposes.
- The Organizer is fulfilling the obligation specified in art. 12, sec. 1 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of April 27, 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation), hereinafter referred to as ‘GDPR’, as personal data administrator, hereby presents this information, asking whoever it may concern to get acquainted with it.
- For more information related to processing of personal data please go here
§4 Schedule of the Contest
- The contest will be conducted in the following stages:
- Stage I (September 4, 2023 - September 29, 2023) – Call for Papers submissions
- Stage II (October 2, 2023 - October 18, 2023) – Internet User’s public voting
- Stage III (October 23, 2023 - October 27, 2023) – Public Voting Nominees announcement, Advisory Board voting and determining the results of the Contest
- Stage IV (October 30, 2023) – announcement of the Contest Winners
- Submitted information can be edited until September 27, 2023, 23:59 (11:59 pm).
§5 Stage I – Entry into the Contest
- Stage I of the Contest includes entries and submissions to the Contest in the following categories described on the Contest Website:
- Marketing in e-commerce
- Analytics and conversion
- Crossborder and international expansion
- Software and platforms
- FutureTech and innovations
- Entry to the Contest, participation, nomination by the Advisory Board and participation in the E-commerce Berlin Expo conference is free of charge.
- The Organizer reserves the right to discontinue the Contest in the given category if the number of entries is less than 5 (five) submissions.
- Each company can enter the Contest in a maximum of 2 categories.
- Submission to the Contest can be made only by a person who is entitled to act on behalf of the Participant.
§6 Stage II – Internet User’s public Voting, Contest Nominations
- Stage II includes public voting of Internet Users, which takes place through the Contest Website. Each Internet User can cast one vote in each category (only one vote is allowed per one IP address).
- The Organizer uses Linkedin as a verification tool to confirm the identity of a voting person or a company. The contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Linkedin. Users' content or information will not be collected by the Organizer. Information obtained from a person’s or company’s interaction with the call-to-action button will not be used for any purpose other than to provide the service associated with the call-to-action button. There is no obligation to share the cast vote on a personal/company timeline.
- Every Participant is ultimately responsible for the actions taken with his account, or by applications associated with his account.
- Usage of any automated scripting/services, paid mass services or another automatic device, program, algorithm or technology which perform the same action, as well as any kind of automation executed by a third party in the voting process will result in the removal of the submission and canceling of the participation in the contest and will be immediately executed by the Organizer.
- Only votes cast by Internet Users until October 18, 23:59 (11:59 pm) will be considered in the final summary of the voting.
- The maximum of 5 (five) Participants who will receive the highest number of votes in the Internet Users’ public voting in each category and the number of their total votes is higher than 100 - will become the nominees. In order to be qualified for Stage II of the Contest, these participants are obliged to meet the formal conditions for participation in the Contest described in § 2 of these Terms and Conditions.
§7 Stage III – Voting of the Advisory Board
- Stage III includes the voting of the Advisory Board.
- Stage III can be entered only by Participants who, in the manner specified in § 6, are nominated to the Contest, and who gain over 100 votes in the Internet User’s voting stage.
- Advisors cast their votes by means of a special form made available to them by the Organizer.
- Submissions will be judged based on the expertise of the Advisory Board and prioritise:
- Market objectivity,
- Low self-promotion to content ratio (pref. not more than 1:9)
- Captivating and informative client case study or stories.
The Advisor has the right to abstain from casting their vote if they determine that the Participant who is the subject of their assessment is their client or the client of the entity of which this Advisor is a member, a member of the body or an employee.
To determine the results of the Contest, the Organizer shall take into account the points received by the Participants in the Advisory Board’s voting.
In the case of an equal score obtained by two or more Participants, the Contest Winner is the one who has received the highest number of points in the Internet User’s voting in that category.
The Contest Winner receives the presentation slot on the E-commerce Berlin Expo conference.
§8 Stage V - Announcement of the Contest Winners
The announcement of the Contest Winners will take place on the “E-commerce Berlin Expo” website on October 30, 2023.
§9 Contest Communication Channels
- All information related to the Contest will be published on the Contest Website. The Organizer will contact Contestants via email.
- The Organizer may publish information about the Contest and its results also in other media, in particular on social media, in the press, radio, television, and outdoor advertising media.
- The Organizer reserves the right to publish the results of the Contest on the Contest Website in particular. The results of the Contest will also be published on the websites of the Contest media patrons and the entities sponsoring the Organizer. Their logos are published on the Contest Website.
- Participants who agree to participate in the Contest also express their consent to the above activities of the Organizer.
§10 Filing and Handling Complaints
- All complaints about the Contest must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than within 7 (seven) days from the date of the announcement of the Contest Winners.
- The complaint should include the name and the email address of the complaining party, as well as the description and reason for the complaint.
- Complaints will be considered by the Organizer within 7 (seven) days of their receipt. The complaining party will be notified about the result of the complaint via email.
§11 Final Provisions
- These Terms & Conditions are available at the Organizer's premises and the Contest Website.
- These Terms & Conditions apply from the time of its announcement on the Contest Website.